Frequently asked Questions
Our team has put together a list of frequently asked questions to help you understand our services and the printing process.
If you have any further queries, please get in touch.
We partner with your business, solve problems and simplify the printing process to ensure you are completely satisfied with your custom labelling and flexible packaging solution.
It helps to understand how digital printing differs from conventional printing. Conventional printing technologies, such as offset and flexographic printing, use inked plates to transfer the images onto the printing surface.
Digital printing uses computer technology to transfer images to the press, and specially developed inks then print the images on the stock or material. This contemporary approach has multiple benefits over conventional printing methods, including:
- Superior print quality - photo quality graphics, vibrant colours and crystal-clear details are enabled by digital printing.
- Fast turnaround – digital printing doesn’t require the creation of printing plates and the setup process is much faster, enabling a rapid turnaround of your project.
- Short print runs – the shorter print runs made possible by digital printing make it the ideal solution for small to medium-sized businesses that don't require large quantities of labels or packaging.
- Cost-effective – no plate costs, smaller minimum order requirements, reduced storage costs and less product obsolescence all contribute to digital printing being a more cost-effective solution.
- Multiple SKUs - digital technology allows you to combine multiple SKUs or kinds into one larger run.
- Variable Data - digital technology also allows details, such as batch or bottle numbers, serial numbers, QR codes and images or graphics, to be varied across the individual units in your print run.
- Print on any (almost) material – digital print technology expands the range of materials that can be utilised for labels to include a range of speciality stocks as well as coated, uncoated, synthetic, metallised and coloured media.
- The more sustainable printing option – last, but certainly not least, digital printing is more sustainable than traditional processes and may reduce supply chain waste by up to 26% and cut carbon footprint by 65-80%.
We pride ourselves on producing and delivering your labels or flexible packaging in industry-leading turnaround times.
Once you have approved your final artwork, we deliver your labels in 5-7 days, your rewind or roll stock in 10 business days and stand-up pouches and premade sachets in 15-20 business days.
One of the advantages of digital printing is that it enables low minimum order quantities, making this an ideal option for small to medium-sized businesses.
When it comes to printing, more is better. The more you order, the lower your unit price will be. Of course, the reverse is also true – the less you order, the more you will pay per unit. For small businesses, this may mean planning ahead to maximise your spend and make your print run commercially viable.
Your account manager is able to walk you through your options and help you make the best decision for your business.
We create custom labels and flexible packaging to suit your requirements. All our clients receive a tailored, bespoke product, and we don’t have a price list.
However, we do offer an obligation-free, accurate and personalised quote once your artwork is ready.
Simply fill in our online quote form, upload your artwork, and we will be back to you within 1-2 business days.
We provide straightforward, transparent quotations that consider all costs, including delivery.
While our unit prices may be a little higher than the quotes provided by some other print houses, they accurately reflect the total cost of your print run.
We do this with our clients in mind - you don't need to worry about additional fees and charges for things like delivery and tooling, that will unexpectedly bump up the price of printing and delivering your labels or flexible packaging.
We accept press-ready PDF's and require layered Adobe Illustrator files if your design includes embellishments or a white layer.
While we can make minor adjustments to your artwork, our focus is on providing excellence in print and we don't have an in-house graphic designer or offer design services.
We would be more than happy to recommend designers we know and work with frequently.
Once your artwork is prepared and ready to go to the printing press, we will send you a PDF proof of your design to review and approve.
If you would like to view a printed sample of your actual label before ordering or approving your print run, we can produce a pre-production press proof for you for a small fee.
Please discuss this option with your account manager.
As part of our service, we arrange standard delivery at no charge for businesses located on the east coast of Australia.
Please let your account manager know if you require delivery internationally, need your delivery overnight, or would prefer to pick up your labels or packaging.
We accept many payment options, such as EFT, cheques or major credit cards.
Great question. Of course! Your account manager would be happy to arrange a tour.